Sunday, January 28, 2007

WPBT cash

Well, I made the final table and the money in my first Poker Blogger event, the World Poker Blogger Tour event #1.



I went on two nice streaks, one early-on, which put me in the chip lead for a while, where I got AA a couple times and KK a couple of times. Then, when we were down to 2 tables, I got another streak where short stacks were pushing into me, and I would call with a hand *just* good enough to beat them. 66 vs 55, AT vs A9, etc. I was 2nd in chips going into the final table. I lost a race in a blind vs blind situation, and was back down to average stack, then went card dead for a while. Aside from one exciting moment, I basically folded my way into 5th. My M was about 6 when Mean_G, the big stack at the table raised my blind. I had K9, and thought it was a position raise, and pushed. I was wrong, and he called with AT, and IGH 5th.

The exciting moment was one of two times I dropped the hammer in a bluff reraise. I very rarely bluff reraise in my regular game unless I really smell weakness (which I didn't in either case here), and let me tell you, it really gets the heart pumping to put 40% of your chips at risk with the worst hand!

Anyway, I had fun, and it's always nice to finish in the money. I hope I'll get to play in more of these, and get to know some of the folks better, since I already feel like I know many of them from their blogs.

Raveen took it down. Nice going!

No comments: